This guided cycling tour offers you the opportunity to taste some of Elgin’s famous cool climate wines. Meander through the manicured trails criss-crossing Oak Valley and Paul Cluver wine estates, enjoy uninterrupted rolling hills, scenic vista's and award-winning wines that Elgin has to offer. Some even say it’s the best wine they’ve ever tasted! Feel free to request a stop for lunch and enjoy the farm to fork lunch experience.
Minimum of 2
· A trained guide
· Silverback STRIDE 275 MD Mountain Bike and a Helmet
· A day permit to access trails
· Water and a light snack
· Wine tasting experience at the estate.
· Cycling gear
· Any additional wine purchases made
· Clients are advised that this tour includes 15km of cycling. It is suggested that they are capable of cycling the distance including various inclines and declines.
· Clients to take note that cycling is done off-road, not on paved cycling paths.
· Routes may vary as trails are closed during stormy weather and day after to protect long-term quality of trails.
· The meeting location of the tour is the Elgin Railway Market (GPS: -34°15'25.50; +19°04'30.09)
· The Elgin Railway Market is only open on weekends with all its traders, however, there is a small coffee shop on site that is open 7 days week.
· The lunch stop along the way has is only available by pre-booking, please be sure to let us know if you want to add this farm to fork experience to your tour.
· The age limit for this tour is 16 years old.
· Children younger than 18 years old will be offered juice or soda as a tasting substitution.
· Transport to the start of the tour is not included.
STARTING AND ENDING TIMES:
Monday to Sunday
· 10h00 – 13h30
Elgin Railway Market, Oak Avenue, Elgin Western CapeGet Directions
Terms and Conditions
WHAT TO BRING: o Your own cycle gear and clothing o Closed Shoes o Sunblock, sunglasses and a hat o Warm top in case the weather changes WHAT TO EXPECT: o Clients are to be aware that this tour includes 5-10km of cycling. It is suggested that they are capable of cycling the distance including various inclines and declines. o Clients to take note that cycling is done off-road, not on paved cycling paths. o Routes may vary as trails are closed during stormy weather and day after to protect long-term quality of trails. o Start of the meeting start location of the tour is the Elgin Railway Market (GPS: -34°15'25.50; +19°04'30.09) o The Elgin Railway Market is only open on weekends with all its traders, however, there is a small coffee shop on site that is open 7 days week. o The age limit for this tour is 16 years old. o Children younger than 18 years old will be offered juice or soda as a tasting substitution. Please be sure to advise us of any under eighteens joining the tour. JUST A REMINDER: o Our bicycles and guides are often booked out on back to back tours, and thus we need to ensure all our tours start promptly. As a result we are unfortunately not able to wait or hold up tours for guests that arrive late. o It is guests responsibility to arrive on time, no refunds will be given in the event of a missed tour o If guests have any medical conditions, and are unsure, please contact your doctor before the time. o It is your responsibility to return the bicycle in the same condition as it was presented to you. o Please respect our bicycles and treat them as though they were your own. o While we know accidents happen, please understand from our side, same as a car rental, you will be liable for all repairs and damages, resulting from reckless riding. REPLACEMENT PART & COST Tube R100 Bar Tape R250 Shifters/Brake Levers Each R750 Front Derailleur R500 Rear Derailleur R750 Chain R250 Rims Each R2000 Frame Market Value Saddle R500 SPD/SPD SL/Keo Pedals R500 o There is an option to purchase insurance to cover damage. Please ask for more details when you arrive PAYMENT TERMS: o We require full payment upfront to confirm the booking. o Payment can be made via the secure credit and debit card link on the booking confirmation. PREGNANCY POLICY: o Moms to be: due to the bumpy nature of off road cycling and possible exertion required we recommend you check with your doctor before participating. WEIGHT POLICY: o There is no restriction on weight in terms of our tours, however, in order to safely enjoy the tour, we require our clients to be able to fit comfortably on a bicycle. o Due to the pedal assist nature of the E-bikes, we suggest a weight limit of about 120kg. CANCELLATION POLICY: o A 100% refund will be granted should Client / Operator cancel or amend the booking 24 hours prior to the activity date booked. o A 50% refund will be granted should Client / Operator cancel or amend the booking 24 to 4 hours prior to arrival on the exact date of the activity date booked. o A 0% refund will be applicable should the Client / Operator fail to arrive or cancel less than 4 hours prior on the exact date of the activity booked. o A full refund will be considered on merit, by management, in the event of illness / hospitalisation / accident or death, upon receipt of proof. o A full refund will be granted to Clients / Operators should Elgin Adventure Centre cancel any activity in the interest of safety. o No refund will be granted should the Client / Operator not complete the tour.